Accreditation of prior experiential learning in European Universities – APELE
The purpose of the project is to record how prior experiential learning is recognised in different European countries for people with fewer opportunities, and how to provide them with access to studying in Higher Educational Institutions in Europe (Universities). Different organisations from different participating countries will work together, pool knowledge and experience in order to establish an evaluation method and tools for final stakeholders, which will evaluate the accessibility of Higher Education for people with fewer opportunities.
Specific objectives are:
· Promoting the interconnection and networking of cross-border learning communities.
· Improving the attractiveness and accessibility of available opportunities for study in Universities in Europe.
· Foster social inclusion through entry in Universities.
· Promoting intercultural competence, European integration and active European citizenship.
· Record the existing situation in each country in relation with the Bologna declaration and EQF.
· Propose a common evaluation way of accreditation of prior experiential learning.
· Enable stakeholders to identify and gain a deeper understanding of building a personal portfolio.
· Identify structural barriers and common weaknesses in the recognition process